About NYC BIG
The Brownfield Incentive Grant (BIG) Program provides New York City investment in brownfield investigation and cleanup. The BIG Program is a collaboration between the New York City Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation and the New York City Economic Development Corporation, and is managed by Brownfield Redevelopment Solutions, Inc., which acts as the BIG Program Administrator.
What does the Brownfield Incentive Grant (BIG) Program offer?
- The BIG Program provides an easy and flexible way to reduce the cost of brownfield redevelopment in New York City.
- The BIG Program awards grants throughout the development process, from the earliest stages of information gathering through environmental investigation and cleanup work.
- BIG Program funds are intended to make redevelopment on brownfield sites more competitive with clean properties.
Becoming a Qualified Vendor enables your clients to receive grants for the eligible activities you perform at their NYC brownfield sites
What is a Qualified Vendor?
- The BIG Program requires that fundable services and activities be performed by a qualified professional who is registered as a Qualified Vendor with the BIG Program.
- The BIG Program encourages qualified professionals in a wide range of vocations to become a Qualified Vendor, including environmental consultants, attorneys, registered architects, planners, grant writers, licensed insurance brokers, andnon-profit service providers .