City of Woodbridge, NJ
The receipt of public and private funding is key to allowing organizations and projects thrive, particularly in the current economy. But writing grant applications is the second step in the process; the first step is to identify and prioritize grant opportunities.
BRS has identified grant funding sources and prepared grant applications for numerous clients. One such client was the City of Woodbridge, New Jersey, for a number of brownfield properties with potential development opportunities. BRS worked with the City of Woodbridge to discern funding priorities for the project. In 2010, BRS researched the following funding topics in an effort to identify other potential funding sources:
- Environmental investigation;
- Renewable energy and green buildings;
- Environmental preservation, open space, and recreational development;
- Economic/community development and housing; and
- Historic preservation and arts.
This research resulted in a list of nearly 60 potential grant and loan sources. For each program, BRS provided:
- A description of the program and eligible activities;
- Information on the amount and type of funding available, including details on requisite matches;
- A description of the funding cycle, if available;
- Information on eligible program applicants;
- Contact information; and
- Priorities and strategies for maximizing funding sources.