The receipt of public and private funding is key to allowing organizations and projects thrive, particularly in the current economy. But writing grant applications is the second step in the process; the first step is to identify and prioritize grant opportunities.
BRS has identified grant funding sources and prepared grant applications for numerous clients. One such client was Dresdner Robin, an environmental engineering firm that had funding needs for a project in Hoboken, New Jersey. BRS worked with Dresdner Robin to discern funding priorities for the project. In 2008, BRS researched the following funding topics in an effort to identify other potential funding sources for Dresdner Robin:
- Marina development;
- Waterfront recreation;
- Urban redevelopment/smart growth;
- Green buildings;
- Open space;
- Recreational development; and
- Public access.
This research resulted in a list of nearly 30 potential grant and loan sources. For each program, BRS provided:
- A description of the program and eligible activities;
- Information on the amount and type of funding available, including details on requisite matches;
- A description of the funding cycle, if available;
- Information on eligible program applicants; and
- Contact information.